Accountable for all SHC property and tenant operations. Manages and coordinates leasing, landlord relationships, tenant relationships related to housing subsidies and tenant compliance. Manages and coordinates persons, activities and available resources in order to accomplish property objectives as set forth by the CEO, COO, and the SHC Board of Directors. Develops, organizes, plans, and implements daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports. Monitors and implements the property maintenance schedule. Performs administrative duties to assist the COO and CEO.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Positions Supervised: Housing Coordinators, Maintenance Manager, Front Desk Volunteers, Building and Grounds Volunteers.
- Maintains accurate resident, unit, property and financial records. Oversees all rents, deposits and application fees received from residents. Issues appropriate notices when necessary (e.g., late payments, returned check memos, lease violations, etc.). Tracks and maintains reports for all regulatory property inspections (e.g., elevator, sprinkler system, etc.) Ensures compliance with HUD and CHA requirements.
- Manages operations budget
- Makes referrals to Support Services for follow-up with residents when lease violations occur.
- Updates required reports concerning move-out notices, activity, etc. and provides information to the COO and appropriate staff.
- Organizes and oversees the maintenance of files for applicable reports, leases, and paperwork.
- Develops and maintains all spreadsheets and logs, service order requests, inventory, purchases, key controls, and regulatory requirements for safety.
- Oversees required monthly inspections of the resident units and common areas.
- Oversees all maintenance activities.
- Monitors security company performance and tracks outcomes of incident reports and resident reports.
- Commitment to the mission of Supportive Housing Communities
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience
- General maintenance knowledge
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency managing budgets
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate and work with residents with special needs.
- Excellent computer and database skills in developing and preparing reports using Excel.
- Ability to learn and use new required software/data management systems for information management and reporting (e.g., Charlotte Housing Authority, etc.)
- Proficiency and accuracy with attention to detail in developing reports
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong personal organization, time management, and planning skills
- Ability and commitment to working with volunteers
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, yet works well in a team environment
- Adherence to confidentiality laws
- Ability to comply with policies, rules, and procedures of the organization
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org