Position Summary: Responsible for providing assistance and support to homeless families and individuals seeking housing. The Housing/Leasing Specialist is the professional whose primary duties include eligibility determination, identifying housing for applicants, coordinating and executing move-ins and move-outs and completing annual re-certifications along with move in/outs and quarterly unit inspections.
Reports to: Director of Housing and Property Management
- Conduct initial housing intake and assessment for each family/individual accessing services to evaluate housing needs.
- Recruit and maintain a good partnership with landlords for scattered site housing.
- Complete lease paperwork including related addenda, rent calculation, etc.
- Coordinate with the case managers to ensure clients have the necessary items to secure housing.
- Provide information and instruction to clients regarding how to complete a housing application, housing search, tenant rights and responsibilities, including: observation of rental agreement rules, and being a good neighbor.
- Document all resident encounters and maintain thorough and accurate records for reporting purposes.
- Collaborate with case management staff to understand the specific housing needs and preferences of residents and act accordingly when searching for housing options.
- Conduct Move in/out, monthly and quarterly unit inspections as needed.
- Assist with lease violations, non-renewals, and evictions for residents when needed
- Comply and promote compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and agency policies helping to strengthen and maintain an ethical organizational culture.
- Conduct all business in accordance with agency policies and procedures, Fair Housing, HUD, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws and regulations pertaining to apartments, public housing, and supportive housing programs.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Human Services plus two years of experience providing case management, housing services, or other relevant human service experience preferred, will consider a combination of education and experience in a health or human services field providing case management or housing services to homeless individuals with mental disabilities (i.e., persons properly diagnosed as suffering from mental illness, alcoholism, or substance abuse).
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants only!