Seeking Emerging Leaders To Join Our Young Professionals Board (YPB)
Supportive Housing Communities (SHC) is seeking young professionals to become members of a Young Professionals Board (YPB) that will raise awareness and support for the organization’s mission. The mission of Supportive Housing Communities is to provide affordable housing to alleviate homelessness and human suffering. We achieve this by providing resources and support in partnership with individuals, community partners, corporate partners, and the community.
The YPB is comprised of motivated professionals in their 20’s and 30’s who are willing to dedicate time and energy to SHC. SHCYPB members will have the opportunity to:
- Give back to the community by supporting an organization doing vital work
- Network with other young professionals in the Charlotte Metro area
- Develop personal, professional, and leadership skills
- Benefit from mentorship from the SHC Board of Directors
- Play an active role in engaging other young people in the SHC’s volunteer events and fundraising events
- Gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of the non-profit sector
Requirements of the SHCYPB include:
- Attend monthly meetings
- Serve on at least 1 committee
- Attend events organized by the SHCYPB and at least 2 other organization events
- Contribute financially to SHC in a way that is personally meaningful
- Commit to a fundraising goal
- Recruit peers to connect with SHC on social media, email, or mailing lists
- Exhibit appropriate behavior at SHC events and meetings
- Possess excellent leadership abilities, responsibility, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a willingness to promote SHC and its mission
Members are also required to organize events to meet fundraising goals (i.e., happy hour, golf tournament, etc..). SHCYPB members will sign a commitment letter each January. Active members who are unable to fulfill their responsibilities may be asked to step down from service.
The board will consist of 12-15 members, each of whom participates in at least one committee.
Please email Lainey Barwick firstname.lastname@example.org by May 01 for more information.